Pat Ridley represents individuals and entities in criminal, regulatory and civil matters involving significant risk to liberty, financial and reputational interests. A Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, Ridley has served as lead trial counsel in more than 75 jury trials, has second chaired dozens of jury trials and trials to the court. He has tried cases involving securities fraud, tax fraud, computer fraud, mail fraud, bank fraud, congressional redistricting, Ponzi schemes, breach of contract, capital murder, non-capital murder, catastrophic personal injury, sexual assault and conspiracy.
In addition to his substantial trial experience, Mr. Ridley has successfully resolved countless civil matters through arbitration or mediation, including contract disputes, personal injury cases, breach of fiduciary matters, and litigation involving the sale of businesses, breach of employment agreements and theft of trade secrets.
Mr. Ridley has conducted numerous corporate internal investigations and has represented corporations, executives, managers and key employees in such investigations. He has advised corporate boards and audit committees with respect to such investigations. He has defended corporations against whistle-blowers who have filed cases with the SEC under the Dodd-Frank Whistleblower Protection Act.
Mr. Ridley has represented individuals and entities who are under scrutiny by federal and state law enforcement and regulatory agencies, including the Department of Justice, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Internal Revenue Service, the Colorado Attorney General’s Office, the Colorado Division of Securities, the Colorado Board of Regulatory Agencies, The Colorado Board of Medical Examiners, the Colorado Board of Accountancy, the Colorado Real Estate Commission and the Colorado Supreme Court Attorney Regulation Counsel.
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar (President, 2005-2006; Director, 2000 - 2007)
- American Bar Association, Criminal Justice Section, Committee on White Collar Crime (Rocky Mountain Regional Co-Chair, 2005-2006; Member, 2003 - )
- 10th Circuit Criminal Justice Act Panel: Standing Committee (Chairman 2010 -2014 )
Member (2008 - 2014)
- Colorado’s Representative to the U.S. Criminal Justice Act District Representative Conference (2010-2014)
- E-Discovery in Criminal Cases Committee of the United States District Court of the District of Colorado (Chair: 2011-__)
- Doyle’s Inn of Court (1985-86; 1993-2000)
- Faculty of Federal Advocates
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- American, Colorado and Denver Bar Associations.