Pat Sargent focuses on structured finance, corporate securities and business transactions, including extensive experience in securitization of diverse asset types, collateralized mortgage obligations, pass-through certificates, bond financings and various project and international finance transactions. He has represented a national credit rating agency in commercial mortgage and asset-backed securitizations and also represents issuers, underwriters, investors and servicers in public and private structured finance transactions and other debt and equity transactions.
Pat's finance practice includes merger and acquisition transactions as well as general corporate, partnership and joint venture representation.
Pat has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America for Securitization and Structured Finance Law from 2006 to 2016, and was the 2012 Lawyer of the Year in Securitization and Structured Finance Law in Dallas by Best Lawyers. Additionally, Pat was recognized as a Texas Super Lawyer by Texas Monthly 2003-2005 and 2009-2013, and was profiled as one of “Texas’ Top Rated Lawyers” by ALM in Securities in 2012.
- Represented a bank in a $100 million commercial mortgage repurchase facility.
- Represented a Fortune 100 company in commercial mortgage lease-backed securitization of its corporate headquarters.
- Structured first cross-border credit tenant lease securitization based on Mexican credit.
- Represented issuer in a consumer receivable master trust combined term and revolving credit facility securitization.
- Represented the acquirer in a combined merger and structured finance purchase of multiple restaurant chains.
- Represented subprime auto lender in securitization of its residuals from multiple term securitizations.
- Represented a public company in a $1.9 billion term and revolver financing in connection with acquisition of publicly traded independent refiner and marketer.