Pat Hintz counsels public and private corporations, S corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, nonprofit organizations and individuals on a wide variety of federal, state and local tax matters. Her clients span numerous industries and tax jurisdictions. Ms. Hintz is also licensed as a certified public accountant in Wisconsin, and prior to attending law school, was employed for more than six years as a tax advisor with Deloitte & Touche LLP and PriceWaterhouse Coopers LLP. Her recent experience includes:
- Tax advice in connection with the formation, ownership, operation, sale, dissolution and reorganization of
C corporations, S corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies.
- Consultation on a variety of employment and income tax issues associated with employee compensation compliance and planning and taxation of employment settlement awards.
- State and local excise, franchise, income and sales and use tax planning.
- Representation of investors in low income housing tax credit projects.
- Tax compliance and analysis of tax accounting issues and strategies.
- Administrative and judicial dispute resolution in connection with contested matters before the Internal Revenue Service and state and local taxing authorities.
- Applications for private letter rulings at both the federal and state level on a wide range of topics.
- Preparation of property tax exemption applications.