Noralee’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, financings and corporate and board governance. Her clients are primarily in the oil and gas, oil sands and service sectors. She has been the main legal advisor and special counsel and has significant experience in mergers involving both public and private companies, friendly and hostile takeover bids and complicated plans of arrangement involving related parties, foreign entities, exchangeable shares and spin out transactions. Ms. Bradley has also served as lead partner in equity and debt offerings in Canada, sophisticated cross-border financings and a European IPO. Noralee has provided advice to many clients from the initial capitalization (including private equity funding) through the cycle of private financings, IPOs, acquisitions and exit strategies. Noralee assists many companies in the strategic planning and review of corporate governance policies and their compliance with securities regulations. She also serves as a board member or corporate secretary on several public companies and serves as a member of the 13 person Executive Committee at Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP.
Ms. Bradley has been recognized byThe Best Lawyers in Canada and Lexpert Magazine in her areas of expertise.
- Tamarack Valley Energy in its subscription receipts financing of the $168.5 million asset acquisition from Suncor Energy.
- Northern Blizzard Resources in its $500 million initial public offering and secondary offering.
- Represented Spitfire Ventures, LLC, a Rod Lewis entity, on its investment in US Oilsands Inc. as part of the $80 million financing completed on October 18, 2013.
- Counsel to underwriting syndicate led by RBC Capital Markets, Barclays Capital Canada Inc., Merrill Lynch Canada Inc. and BMO Capital Markets for Oryx Petroleum Corporation Limited’s $250 million initial public offering.
- Parallel Energy Trust in its $63million unit offering and $63 million convertible debenture financing connection with its acquisition of the remaining 41% of the West Panhandle Field in Texas.
- Tamarack Valley Energy Ltd. in its $16.5 million bought deal financing to complete the acquisition of Echoex Ltd.
- Angle Energy Inc. in its $51 million bought deal financing.
- Group of Concerned Shareholders in a requisitioned meeting for Helix BioPharma Corp. and subsequent proxy battle.
- The Underwriters in Talisman Energy Inc. universal shelf prospectus and $200 million preferred share public offering.
- The Special Committee of Afexa Life Sciences Inc. in its defence of Paladin Labs hostile take-over bid and sale to Valeant Pharmaceuticals.
- Northern Blizzard Resources Inc. in its initial capitalization and $770 million private equity financing in connection with acquisition of $1 billion of heavy oil assets from Nexen Inc.
- Canadian Oil Sands Trust in its strategy for converting back to a corporate structure.
- Kulczyk Oil Ventures Inc. in its European initial public offering and acquisition of Triton Hydrocarbons Pty Ltd., an Australian company.
- Angle Energy Inc. in its initial public offering, its acquisition of assets from Compton Petroleum and its take-over of Stonefire Energy Corp. as well as concurrent financings.
- Tamarack Valley Energy Ltd. in its business combination with Tango Energy Inc. and Avant Garde Energy Corp. and listing on TSX-V.
- TUSK Energy Corporation in its sale by way of plan of arrangement to Polar Star Canadian Oil and Gas, Inc., a venture indirectly owned by the Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America of New York.
- Anglo Potash Ltd. in the sale process leading to an acquisition by BHP Billiton Diamonds Inc.
- Spearpoint Energy Corp. in its creation as a general partnership with a private equity fund and sale to NAL Oil & Gas Trust.