Norah Jones is an attorney in the Tax-Exempt Organizations Group at Quarles & Brady LLP. She focuses her practice on advising public charities, private foundations, hospitals, trade associations and other tax-exempt entities on a variety of legal and tax matters, such as:
- Advising clients regarding the creation of new tax-exempt organizations and the application for appropriate federal and state tax exemptions for such organizations.
- Drafting and reviewing corporate governance documents.
- Advising organizations with respect to maintaining tax-exempt and public charity status.
- Advising organizations regarding compliance with tax laws for tax-exempt organizations, including excess benefit transaction rules and private foundation excise tax laws.
- Representing clients engaged in Internal Revenue Service audits.
- Representing clients seeking rulings from the Internal Revenue Service.
- Assisting clients with respect to grants to international organizations and to individuals, expenditure responsibility, and program-related investments.