Nicole Stanton practices in the area of litigation. Her recent experience includes:
- Defense of local and national law firms in legal malpractice actions.
- Defense of a global accounting firm against allegations of fraud, negligent misrepresentation and failure to comply with GAAS arising out of auditing work completed by the accounting firm on a company involved in a merger transaction.
- Obtained early dismissal of 10 out of 10 claims against a financial institution, in a lender liability matter arising out of a defaulted loan obtained by a limited liability company formed by two real estate joint ventures. The claims included negligent misrepresentation, breach of contract, breach of the covenant of good faith and fair dealing, negligence, breach of fiduciary duty, aiding and abetting, unjust enrichment and civil conspiracy.
- Defense of a Big Five accounting firm in multiple simultaneous proceedings in federal and state court involving both civil and criminal litigation.
- Defense of international insurance brokerage company against allegations of broker malpractice.
- Defense of actuarial and benefits consulting firm against professional liability claims brought by trustee and pension plans.
- Assisting in the defense of a telecommunications provider against alleged violations of the Arizona Consumer Fraud Act.