Nancy Elkind has a master's degree in Political Science from the University of Wisconsin, and earned her J.D. from the University Of Denver College Of Law in 1979, and has practiced immigration law exclusively since 1982. She works extensively with national and international organizations with their business immigration matters.
- Nancy was named "Outstanding Woman in Business 2004" by the The Denver Business Journal.
- She was honored as a Colorado Super Lawyer® and was named one of the "Top 25 Women Lawyers in Colorado" in 2006, 2007 and 2008.
- She has been cited in the publication The Best Lawyers in America® for more than ten years.
- Nancy has twice been chair of the Colorado Chapter of American Immigration Lawyers Association, and has served on numerous national committees of the association.
- Nancy was lead counsel on the pivotal labor certification case Matter of Information Industries.
- She was editor-in-chief of the book Employer Liability Issues in Hiring Foreign Personnel.
- She has been cited in the international publication Who's Who of Corporate Immigration Lawyers for several years.
- Nancy is a member of the American Bar Association, the Colorado Bar Association and the Denver Bar Association.
Matter of Information Industries — Defined the concept of "business necessity" for labor certification applications.