Michelle is a Past President of the Pulaski County Bar Association and is also a Master of the Bench and Past President of the Henry Woods American Inn of Court. She served two terms by appointment as a member of the Arkansas Supreme Court Committee on Civil Practice. She is a previous recipient of the Pulaski County Bar Association’s President’s Award, has been named as an Ike Scott Fellow by the Pulaski County Bar Foundation, and was awarded the Arkansas Bar Foundation Award for Excellence in Legal Writing. She is a member of the International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC), the International Society of Barristers, DRI and the Arkansas Association of Defense Counsel. Michelle is currently the Chancellor for the Arkansas Conference of the United Methodist Church.
Michele earned her undergraduate degree from the University of Colorado where she was a President’s Leadership Class Scholar, and a Juris Doctor with Honors from the UALR William H. Bowen School of Law where she worked as an Associate Editor on the University of Arkansas at Little Rock Law Journal.
Before joining the Friday law firm, she served as a Division Chief in the Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office where she primarily tried rape, child abuse, domestic abuse and homicide cases.
Michelle is licensed to practice in Arkansas state courts, federal courts in Arkansas, the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals and before the United States Supreme Court.
Health Care Law
Pharmaceutical & Medical Device Product Litigation
Michelle Ator is the head of the Medical Malpractice Group and was named by Best Lawyers as the 2017 Lawyer of the Year in this practice area.
- Elected Chancellor of the Arkansas Conference of the United Methodist Church
- Appointed to serve on the Arkansas Supreme Court Committee on Civil Practice
- Recently served as faculty for the American Board of Trial Advocates National Trial College in Boston, MA.
- Recipient of the 2013 Vincent Foster, Jr. Outstanding Lawyer Award
- Named in Chambers and Partners USA: America’s Leading Lawyers
- Selected for inclusion in Midsouth Super Lawyers®
- Top 50 Lawyers in Arkansas
- Top 50 Women Lawyers of the Mid-South
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®, Medical Malpractice
- Listed in Arkansas Times©, “Best Lawyers in Arkansas,” Medical Malpractice Defense
- Recognized as Ike Scott Fellow, Pulaski County Bar Foundation
- Recipient of the Pulaski County Bar Association President’s Award
- Recipient of the Arkansas Bar Foundation Award for Excellence in Legal Writing