Mr. Bakst is experienced primarily in various fields of bankruptcy and insolvency, including representing creditors, debtors, bankruptcy trustees, receivers, and debtors, as well as representing litigants within complex bankruptcy matters, commercial litigation, receiverships, and assignments for the benefit of creditors. He is a panel United States Bankruptcy Trustee for the Southern District of Florida. Mr. Bakst has also served as an Examiner appointed through the offices of the United States Trustee.
An AV Preeminent rated attorney, Mr. Bakst frequently speaks at continuing education seminars for bankruptcy and commercial litigation practitioners, as well continued education seminars for trustees in bankruptcy on a regional level.
Mr. Bakst has been recognized in Best Lawyers in America, 2010-2012, in the field of Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law.
- U.S. District Court Southern and Middle Districts of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida Trial Bar
- U.S. Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 1990
- B.A., University of Miami, 1987
- Bankruptcy Bar Association of the Southern District of Florida, Past Director
- Economic Forum of Palm Beach County
- Federal Bar Association
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
- Palm Beach County Bar Association Southern District of Florida, 2003-2004
- Standing Local Rules Advisory Committee of the Southern District of Florida, 2003-2004, Appointee Member Standing Local Rules Advisory Committee, Appointee Member
- Zoning Board of Appeals for the City of West Palm Beach, Chairperson