Michael is co-chair of our Technology Group. He has extensive experience advising on e-commerce, privacy, information technology and outsourcing matters. Michael represents industry leading and emerging IT service providers, software publishers, hardware manufacturers, online vendors and other technology focused enterprises. Michael also serves as Co-Chair of the Legal Affairs Forum of the Information Technology Association of Canada.
- Represented large, international energy company on large technology licensing transaction in connection with strategic oil sands alliance and mining project.
- Represented service providers in the negotiation of major onshore and offshore outsourcing transactions.
- Represented service providers in complex systems integration design, build and integrate projects.
- Negotiated complex strategic alliance arrangements between large participants in the technology sector.
- Negotiated complex third party logistics services arrangements in the health care sector.
- Represented online services providers in addressing cross-border data issues with public sector customers.
- Advised clients on numerous government procurement projects, including complex licensing and integration projects and procurement reform initiatives.
- Addressed complex open source software and other IP/IT issues in acquisitions of technology assets and technology companies.
- Addressed new media, IP, privacy and e-commerce issues in the delivery of online services and cloud computing.
- Assisted clients successfully respond to complaints made to the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
- Assisted clients respond to legislative proposals in respect of cross-border privacy matters, spam and spyware.