Michael Forde is a shareholder and former President of Aafedt, Forde, Gray, Monson & Hager, P.A. He received his J.D. degree cum laude from the University of Minnesota in 1974. He received his Bachelor's degree magna cum laude from Luther College in 1971.
Michael was admitted to practice before the Minnesota Supreme Court and all lesser state courts in 1974. He joined a predecessor of the Aafedt, Forde, Gray, Monson & Hager, P.A. firm in 1974 as an associate and has practiced with the firm as a shareholder from 1981 to the present. He has over 38 years of experience in insurance defense claims, spanning a wide variety of matters and now focuses his practice on the defense of workers' compensation and mediation. He has been a frequent lecturer for Minnesota CLE and other continuing education seminars.
Honors and Memberships:
- Selected as a Minnesota Super Lawyer by his peers annually since 2003
- Named among The Best Lawyers in America® annually since 1995
- Named 2013 Minneapolis Workers' Compensation Law - Employers "Lawyer of the Year" by U.S. News and World Report/Best Lawyers
- Ranked as AV Preeminent® (highest level of professional excellence) in LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review ratings
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association