Merie-Anne Beavis is a partner in Gowlings' Toronto office, practising in the Energy, Infrastructure and Mining Groups.
Merie-Anne's experience includes acting for public and private sector participants in public-private partnerships as well as lenders in a variety of projects. Her project finance experience includes acting for sponsors, lenders and governments in mine financings and in the electricity industry.
- Advised Toronto Port Authority in connection with the Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport Pedestrian Tunnel Project
- Advised Infrastructure Ontario and the Ministry of the Attorney General in connection with the Waterloo Consolidated Courthouse Project, Thunder Bay Consolidated Courthouse Project, Quinte Consolidated Courthouse Project and St. Thomas Courthouse Project
- Advised the Government of the Northwest Territories on the Talston Hydro Expansion Project
- Advising Indian and Northern Affairs Canada in connection with the United Keno Hill Mine Reclamation Project
- Advised Infrastructure Ontario and Woodstock General Hospital in connection with the Woodstock General Hospital Project
- Advised Infrastructure Ontario in structuring, procurement and negotiation and the settlement of the project documents for the Durham Consolidated Courthouse Project
- Advised the lenders providing a commitment to finance the successful bidder on theFort St. John Hospital Project in British Columbia
- Advised a bidder on the Saint John Courthouse Project in New Brunswick
- Advised a bidder on the Route 1 Gateway Road Project in New Brunswick
- Advised the Toronto Community Housing Corporation in connection with its offering of $250 million of debentures to finance the redevelopment of public housing projects in Toronto, Ontario
- Advised the Toronto Community Housing Corporation in connection with its development of a community electricity system to service its public housing projects in Toronto, Ontario
- Advised the underwriters in connection with the project bond financings and issue of project secured bonds for the NATO Flight Training Program in Cold Lake Alberta and Moose Jaw Saskatchewan (also acted as structuring counsel)
- Advised a private sector developer/operator consortium as well as the issuer of $162 million of first secured bonds in connection with the 25-year private sector BOT for the development and operation of 16 regional learning centres in Nova Scotia
- Acted for the lenders on the development and long term financing of the Exploits River Hydro Partnership