Mary S. Axelrad focuses her legal practice on financial services and real estate. Mary regularly represents commercial lenders in complex transactions including asset based, real estate secured and lines of credit. Her expertise also includes restructuring and workouts.
Within her real estate practice, Mary regularly advises on the legal intricacies concerning acquisitions, dispositions, lease negotiations, landlord-tenant relations, multifamily projects, condominium projects, homeowners’ association issues, and more. Her clientele includes financial institutions (local, regional and national), private lenders, developers, investors, insurance companies, corporations, non-profit companies, and high net-worth individuals.
Mary is an active member of the nominating committee for the Texas Bar Foundation and frequently lectures at or chairs continuing legal education seminars sponsored by the State Bar of Texas, South Texas College of Law and the Texas Association of Bank Counsel. She recently served on the board of directors for CREW Houston (Commercial Real Estate Women) and has twice served on the board of directors for the Texas Association of Bank Counsel.
- Representation of commercial lenders in complex asset based and real estate transactions.
- Representation of commercial lenders in syndicated transactions.
- Representation of lenders in transactions secured by government contracts.
- Representation of lenders in the energy sector.
- Representation of lenders in connection with foreclosures of both real and personal property.
- Representation of landlord in connection with the foreclosure of contractual landlord liens.
- Representation of a developer in the acquisition and subsequent development of several hundred acres in Galveston County.
- Representation of a developer in the conversion of time-share condominiums to apartments.
- Representation of a seller in the conveyance of multiple tracts of undeveloped land in multiple counties.
- Assisted owner in connection with the amendment and restatement of condominium declaration for distressed property.
- Representation of purchaser in connection with purchase of multi-family properties in multiple counties.
- Representation of both sellers and purchasers in the purchase or sale of businesses, stock or assets.
- Representation of a developer in connection with the drafting of Declarations of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions for multiple commercial development.