Mary is an experienced corporate lawyer who advises domestic and foreign companies on private mergers & acquisitions, complex corporate restructurings and securities law matters, including financings. Mary leverages her legal expertise, deal experience and understanding of clients and their businesses to ensure efficient and effective management of transactions and successful outcomes. Mary continually hones her communication and management skills through writing, speaking and teaching engagements, as well as taking a leading role in strategic firm initiatives.
- Chemtrade Logistics in respect of multiple acquisitions and related financings by way of public offerings of equity and convertible debt
- Blackstone Real Estate Partners in respect of its acquisition of Motel Six
- Weight Watchers International in respect of its franchise buy-back initiative
- The Brink’s Company in respect of the acquisition of Threshold Financial Technologies
- Illinois Tool Works in respect of numerous Canadian acquisitions and a joint venture with Clayton, Dubilier & Rice
- Kinross Gold Corporation in respect of numerous cross-border public and private offerings
- CanWest in respect of the restructuring of its newspaper business
- Alvarez & Marsal in respect of the auction of Arctic Glacier Inc.
- The underwriters for Canadian Tire in a number of cross-border offerings of debt and convertible debt.
- RBC in respect of its acquisition of the Royal Bank of Trinidad & Tobago
- Carlyle Group on respect of its acquisition of Atlas Tube and of Open Solutions
- CanWest in its acquisition of Alliance Atlantis Communications, its privatization of Canwest MediaWorks Income Fund, certain public and private offerings, and the initial public offering of CanWest MediaWorks Income Fund