Mark Bakker's practice focuses on commercial litigation with an emphasis
in employment law. He has litigated cases in state and federal courts
and before arbitration panels. In addition to litigation, Mark also
provides proactive employment advice and counseling to entrepreneurs,
start-up companies, and to human resource personnel and management. Mark
also has a well established mediation and alternative dispute
resolution practice and is certified to mediate in the South Carolina
state and federal courts.
Examples of the legal services Mark provides include:
- Litigating discrimination and wage-and-hour lawsuits.
- Handling EEOC and other agency charges and claims.
- Litigating restrictive covenants and other employee raiding and recruitment cases.
- Bringing and defending ERISA benefit and other insurance-related claims.
- Counseling on terminations, discipline, WARN Act, and layoffs.
- Drafting employment and executive contracts.
- Reviewing employee handbooks and other employment policies.
- Designing dispute resolution systems for employee-employer disputes.
- Presenting in-house seminars for employment clients and employment-related CLEs.
Mediation Experience — Mediated over 500 cases with a settlement rate well over 90%