Mark practices in the public law and real estate areas. His work includes all facets of commercial real estate and construction practice, with an emphasis on the development, construction, leasing, and public and private financing of public projects such as sports, recreation and entertainment facilities, convention centers, hotels and educational facilities. He also advises clients in structuring and implementing creative economic development techniques such as Chapter 380/381 grants, 4A/4B financings, tax increment financing and tax abatements.
Mark also has extensive experience in the leasing, acquisition, development, financing and rehabilitation of hotels, multifamily projects, restaurant sites and shopping centers.
- Represented Landry’s Restaurants, Inc. in connection with the acquisition of the Golden Nugget Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas and Laughlin, Nevada, the acquisition of the Trump Marina Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City, New Jersey, the acquisition of the Isle of Capri Hotel and Casino in Biloxi, Mississippi, and the acquisition of the Golden Nugget Lake Charles Casino and Resort
- Represented the Harris County-Houston Sports Authority in connection with the development of Minute Maid Park, Reliant Stadium, Toyota Center and Dynamo Stadium, each in Houston, Texas
- Represented the City of Sugar Land, Texas in connection with the development of a minor league baseball stadium and a 6,500-seat performing arts center
- Represented the City of Cedar Park, Texas in connection with the development of the Cedar Park Event Center in partnership with the Dallas Stars
- Represented the developer in connection with the development of the Grand Hyatt Convention Center Hotel in San Antonio, Texas and the related Alteza Residential Condominiums