Of counsel in the Corporate Department, Marilyn Sobel focuses her practice on mergers and acquisitions and private equity investments and regularly advises clients in their M&A, leveraged buyouts, joint ventures and recapitalization transactions.
Marilyn has represented a variety of corporations, including Ericsson, Doosan Group, Mesirow Financial and The Huffington Post. Some of her recent corporate representations include:
- Rockstar Bidco, a consortium of technology companies including Sony, RIM, Apple, Microsoft and Ericsson in the $4.5 billion purchase at auction of Nortel Networks' portfolio of over 6000 patents. This deal was recognized in the "Big Deals" section of The American Lawyer;
- in its $1.15 billion acquisition of Telcordia Technologies, a software company servicing the telecommunications sector and one of the architects of the U.S. telephone system, from Warburg Pincus and Providence Capital;
- in its $1.13 billion acquisition of Nortel's CDMA and LTE businesses, its $70 million acquisition of Nortel's North American GSM business, and in its $65 million acquisition of Nortel's multi service switch ("Passport") business; and
- in its sale of its U.S. government contracts business; and
- Doosan's $5 billion acquisition of Bobcat.