María is an expert in employment and Social Security law. She has ample experience in advising Spanish and international corporate clients on matters relating to labour and Social Security, including restructuring processes, negotiating with workers’ legal representatives, and supporting and defending her clients’ interests before the employment courts and tribunals, the National Court of Spain, the High Courts of Justice, the Supreme Court and the Constitutional Court. She also provides intermediation services before the Spanish Labour Inspectorate, as well as advice on contractual matters, pay and benefits, stock options, employee manuals, due diligences and post-merger integration processes, among others. Prior to joining Roca Junyent, María worked at the employment departments of Estudio Legal, Landwell, and Ernst & Young.
Spanish and English.
- Madrid Bar Association.
- Foro Español de Abogados Laboralistas.
- European Employment Lawyers Association.
- Law Degree, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 1991.
- Lecturer on the Master’s in International Law at Madrid’s Instituto Superior de Derecho y Economía.
- Full professor of the Employment Conciliation and Procedure module, as part of the master’s in International Business Law at the Escuela de Posgrado of Fundación Universitaria San Pablo CEU.
- Full professor of the Employment Procedure module, as part of the Entry to the Legal Profession master’s degree at the Escuela de Posgrado of Madrid’s Fundación Universitaria San Pablo CEU.
- Recommended by Best Lawyers International, since 2013 edition, in the areas of Labor and Employment.
- Recommended by Chambers Europe, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 edition, in the area of Employment.
- Recommended by Chambers Europe - Leaders in Their Field, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 edition.
- Recommended by The Legal 500, 2014 and 2015 edition, in the area of Employment