Margaret Utterback is Co-Chair of the firm’s Data Privacy & Security team and Chair of the Madison Corporate Services Group. She practices in the areas of commercial finance, data privacy and security, commercial law and mergers and acquisitions. She has experience representing clients in corporate transactions, including acquisitions and divestitures. In addition, her practice includes health care transactions, including health care mergers and acquisitions and public finance transactions as borrower’s counsel. Ms. Utterback’s recent projects include:
- Counsel for independent non-profit hospital in an affiliation transaction resulting in a new sole member, and a secondary transaction transferring the stock of a wholly owned insurer to the new member.
- Counsel to publicly and privately held clients in connection with negotiating and restructuring credit facilities.
- Counsel to commercial lenders and borrowers in single lender and syndicated credit transactions and secured and unsecured financings.
- Counsel to privately held clients in connection with response to data breaches, including breaches resulting from attacks on point of sale systems, stolen equipment and inadvertent breaches.
- Counsel to privately held clients in connection with development and implementation of data security breach response plans, document retention policies and ”Bring Your Own Device” policies.
- Counsel to retail and manufacturing clients in connection with acquisition by privately held companies.
- Representation of healthcare and senior living facilities as borrowers in connection with tax-exempt bond financing projects and other transactions.
- Negotiation and drafting of commercial agreements, including manufacturer’s representative agreements, broker agreements, confidentiality agreements, letters of intent, supply agreements, standard terms and conditions of sale and purchase, power purchase agreements, and third party legal opinions.
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 2001