Marc practises corporate and commercial law in the areas of corporate restructuring, financial services and private equity. He has been involved in many complex corporate recapitalizations, reorganizations and restructurings and related acquisitions, divestures, financings and governance matters. He has expertise in national, cross-border and international matters acting for major debtor corporations, bondholders, equity sponsors, senior lenders, monitors and acquirers. Marc also regularly provides strategic advice and risk analysis on structuring of corporate and lending transactions.
- Telus in its proposed acquisition of Mobilicity through a recapitalization under Canada Business Corporations Act.
- Alvarez and Marsal Canada in connection with the CCAA/Chapter 15 proceedings ofArctic Glacier Income Fund and the sale of Arctic’s Canadian and U.S. assets to H.I.G. Capital.
- Catalyst Paper’s Board of Directors and Special Committee in connection with its recapitalization and CCAA/Chapter 15 proceedings.
- FTI Consulting Canada in connection with the CCAA proceedings of Priszm Income Fund, the largest KFC franchisee in Canada and Duff & Phelps Canada in connection with the subsequent receivership proceedings of Priszm.
- Angiotech Pharmaceuticals in connection with its capital restructuring through cross-border CCAA and Chapter 15 proceedings and an exchange offer.
- Canwest Global Communications in connection with its operational restructuring, financing and $1.1 billion sale of its newspaper business.
- General Motors of Canada in its successful out of court restructuring in Canada.
- Mega Brands in connection with their capital recapitalization under Canada Business Corporations Act.
- Black Diamond and Credit Suisse in connection with the debtor-in-possession financing and first lien loan position for White Birch Paper Company under cross-border proceedings in CCAA and Chapter 11.
- Circuit City’s Canadian subsidiary (InterTan Canada) in connection with its CCAA proceedings and Circuit City’s Chapter 11 proceedings and sale of 720 retail locations.
- Avenue Capital and DDJ Capital in connection with the $300 million credit bid in the CCAA and Chapter 11 proceedings of Milacron Canada Inc. and Milacron Inc.
- Royal Doulton and Waterford Wedgewood in connection with the global sale of the Waterford/Royal Doulton business to KPS Capital Partners L.P.
- Brookfield in connection with the credit bid acquisition of Maax Corporation and its subsidiaries through cross-border CCAA and Chapter 15 proceedings.
- Blackrock Financial as proposed administrator in the CCAA restructuring of the asset backed commercial paper market in Canada.
- Brookfield in its equity sponsorship and bridge lending facilities in Stelco’s $3 billion CCAA proceedings.