Manon Thivierge focuses her practice on domestic and cross-border tax law and on tax planning and corporate reorganizations in particular. She regularly advises corporations, individuals and financial institutions on the tax consequences and issues related to mergers and acquisitions, financings, reorganizations and compensation of directors and officers as well as on estate planning. She also interacts with the tax authorities, requesting and obtaining the tax rulings necessary in complex transactions, and even proposing amendments to tax legislation.
Ms Thivierge is the author of numerous publications on tax matters, and frequently speaks on this subject.
She has been active in professional associations, including:
- Former Chair of the Canadian Tax Foundation (2001) and a former Governor (1993-1996 and 1998-2002)
- Former President of the tax section of the Canadian Bar Association for the province of Quebec (1995-1998)
- Former member of the joint committee on taxation of the Canadian Bar Association and of the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Former member of the Canada Revenue Agency’s National Advisory Committee
- Registered Trust and Estate Practitioner by the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)