Mandeep’s practice deals mainly with banks and private lenders in both secured and unsecured financing transactions.
Mandeep has experience in the preparation and negotiation of loan and security documentation for real estate financing, including construction lending and permanent financing, subordinated debt financing and related intercreditor arrangements, leasing and other asset-based financing structures, hedging, securitization and aircraft finance.
He serves as counsel to insurance companies in providing secured deposit protection contract facilities under the Real Estate Development and Marketing Act (B.C.).
Mandeep has acted on behalf of borrowers in assisting them with international project financing, with a focus on mining and independent power projects financings.
He is regularly retained by US and Ontario law firms to advise on British Columbia lending, security and opinion matters.
Mandeep also represents clients in a variety of commercial and multiple unit residential real estate acquisitions.
Mandeep is the current head of the Corporate Group at Lawson Lundell.
Recently, Mandeep has acted:
• On behalf of Walter Energy Inc. and Western Coal Corp. in obtaining credit facilities in the amount of US$1.3 billion
• On behalf of the lending syndicate in $1.5 billion restructuring of Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Ltd., the largest casino operating in Western Canada;
• Multiple jurisdiction company in obtaining secured senior credit facilities and subordinated notes in the aggregate amount of $560 million
• Insurance company in providing $100 million subordinated facility to a developer for a phased residential development in Richmond, British Columbia
• Insurance company in providing $100 million subordinated facility to a developer for a mixed-use project in Vancouver, British Columbia
• On behalf of a lender in providing a US$36 million loan facility to a U.K. based borrower secured by mining assets in the U.S., Canada, Australia and the U.K., and publicly listed securities on the London Exchange and the Toronto Stock Exchange
•On behalf of pension funds, life insurance companies and banks as lenders, in financing independent power (run of the river) projects
• On behalf of a pension fund in obtaining a revolving credit facility in the sum of $250 million
• On behalf of a publicly traded mining company in obtaining syndicated construction financing facilities in the sum of $75 million
• On behalf of HSBC Bank Canada in providing $55 million acquisition and construction credit facilities for a community development in BC
• On behalf of a developer in obtaining term financing of US$55 million from a New York hedge fund for a California phased-residential development
• As exclusive B.C. counsel to Mainstreet Equities Corp., a publicly traded company, in its acquisition and financing of apartment portfolio apartment buildings
• For Encore Group on lending matters in it sale of assets for $175 million in debt and equity
• As exclusive counsel to both Lombard General Insurance Company of Canada and Aviva Insurance Company of Canada in their deposit protection insurance transactions in British Columbia