Lyman Bullard is listed in Best Lawyers in America, The Legal 500 and Massachusetts Super Lawyers.
Sports Law: one of the preeminent sports law practices in the United States representing financial institutions and teams in commercial financing transactions, including sports lending, stadium construction and investment banking transactions, merger and acquisition transactions and general business matters involving member clubs of Major League Baseball, Minor League Baseball, the National Hockey League, the American Hockey League, the National Football League, the National Basketball Association, NASCAR, Major League Lacrosse, the North American Soccer League, the National Women’s Soccer League the PGA and the LPGA.
Long-standing relationships with key personnel at leagues, teams and financial institutions and extensive knowledge of ownership and debt and securitization rules, media contracts, new media companies and collective bargaining agreements.
· Bank of America, NA as agent for syndicate of banks and syndicate of insurance companies in connection with $1.4 billion revolving credit and term credit facilities established by Office of the Commissioner of Baseball for twenty-one Major League Baseball Clubs.
· Bank of America, NA as agent for two different syndicates of lenders in connection with credit facilities required to construct football stadium for Philadelphia Eagles and ballpark for Philadelphia Phillies.
· JPMorgan Chase as agent for syndicate of lenders in connection with credit facility required to construct new ballpark for Florida Marlins.
· Citicorp USA, Inc. as agent for two different syndicates of lenders in connection with credit facilities for acquisition by Craig Leopold of Minnesota Wild and Xcel Energy Center operating rights and by Sports Capital Holdings of St. Louis Blues and Scottrade Center operating rights.
· Delaware North Companies, Inc. and New Boston Garden Corporation in connection with credit facility required to construct TD Garden in Boston.
· Citigroup USA, Inc. as agent for syndicate of lenders in connection with credit facility for Roush Fenway Racing NASCAR team.
· John Hancock in connection with credit facility established for acquisition by Joe Lacob and Peter Guber of Golden State Warriors.
· Citibank, NA in connection with credit facility for acquisition by Lincoln Holdings of Washington Wizards.
Professional and Community Involvement
Mr. Bullard is an active participant in his community, serving as immediate past chairman of the board and a member of the executive committee of the Massachusetts Sports & Entertainment Commission, a member of the board of the New England Sports Museum, a member of the regional development committee of the USA Hockey Foundation, a member of the board of the Boston Local Organizing Committee for the 2006 NCAA Women’s Final Four Basketball, a member of the development council of the Center for the Study of Sport in Society and a member of the Franklin Pierce College Sports Management Advisory Board. He coached youth hockey in Needham, Massachusetts and for the Charles River Girls Hockey Club for over a decade. He also served as secretary and a member of the board of governors of The Country Club, the host club of the 1999 Ryder Cup Golf Competition. Mr. Bullard is chairman, governor and a managing owner of the Portland Pirates of the American Hockey League, host of the 2010 Time Warner Cable AHL All-Star Classic, former chairman and current member of the League’s executive committee and a member of the strategic planning committee and legal committee. Mr. Bullard was awarded the 2012 Thomas Ebright Award for outstanding career contributions to the American Hockey League.