Louis Marett specializes in the taxation of private equity and venture capital transactions and fund formations.
He is the Chair of the firm’s Tax Group and is listed in Best Lawyers in America, The Legal 500, Chambers USA and PLC Which Lawyer. He is also named a Massachusetts Super Lawyer.
Mergers & Acquisitions: structuring and negotiation of private and public mergers and acquisitions, and other corporate and partnership financings and restructurings, many of them cross-border.
Fund Formation: structuring of private equity and venture funds and alternate investment vehicles, both domestic and offshore.
· Advised Summit Partners in its acquisition of CareCentrix, Inc.
· Represented Spectrum Equity in its sale of portfolio company Mortgagebot LLC to Canadian public company Davis & Henderson.
· Advised Windjammer Capital Investors in its acquisition of Protective Industries, Inc.
· Advised Riverside Partners in its acquisition of Welocalize, Inc. and follow-on acquisition of Park Translations, LLC.
· Represented Mainsail Partners in its sale of portfolio company eSecuritel Holdings, LLC.
· Represented Essex Woodlands, Riverside Partners, Cardinal Partners and Mainsail Partners in fund formations.
· Hundreds of other corporate and partnership transactions over 40 years of practice.
Professional and Community Involvement
Mr. Marett is a trustee of the St. Vincent de Paul Foundation and a past trustee of the Massachusetts Taxpayers Foundation and The Schepens Eye Research Institute.