Lewis Carter is an experienced litigator who represents companies and
individuals, including banks and lending institutions, manufacturers,
service providers and others in the healthcare industry. With over
thirty years of experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants,
Lewis has represented a wide range of clients in general and commercial
litigation, as well as employment, healthcare and ERISA litigation, and
Lewis has first chair experience as a trial attorney and has arbitrated
numerous cases involving the securities industry. He is also a skilled
mediator, having successfully represented numerous clients in mediation
proceedings. As an adjunct settlement judge, certified by the federal
court, he has assisted in settling many cases presented to him.
- Obtained millions of dollars in judgments representing local and
national banks, lenders, and credit associations in commercial loan and
real estate litigation, including commercial foreclosures and
- Represents one of the primary HMO’s in Oklahoma in connection with its litigation, including ERISA litigation.
- Experienced in both defending and pursuing claims of lender liability.
- Represented numerous businesses in connection with contractual disputes with third-parties and departing employees.
- Represented parties in connection with trade secret litigation and breach of non-compete/non-solicitation employment contracts.
- Represents federally chartered lender in commercial loan proceedings, in
that context, obtained millions of dollars of judgments against key
principal in contested litigation testing the scope of limited recourse
- Represented numerous securities brokers and brokerage firms in arbitration actions before NASD/FINRA arbitration panels.
- Extensive involvement in obtaining and defending motions for emergency injunctive relief.
- Successfully represented clients in contested guardianship hearings and cases challenging the appointment of trustees.
- Successfully represented clients in malpractice claims against attorneys.