Laurie is a senior partner in the firm’s Business Law Department and is past Chair of the Financial Services National Practice Group. She is also a former member of the firm’s Executive Committee. Her practice encompasses a broad range of financing transactions, including domestic and cross-border syndicated loan facilities, off-balance sheet and structured products, project finance structures and capital market debt issuances.
Laurie regularly advises both Canadian and non-Canadian financial institutions, government agencies, large institutional investors and business corporation borrowers in connection with structuring and negotiating significant lending and restructuring transactions. She has extensive experience in both the domestic and cross-border financial services sector markets.
Laurie has also been recognized as a leading practitioner by Chambers Global: The Worlds’ Leading Lawyers, The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
the IFLR 1000 Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms
in the areas of banking & finance.
- Emera Inc. in connection with its Cdn $1.3 billion financing of the construction of the Maritime Link transmission line.
- Maple Leaf Foods Inc. in connection with its refinancing of a $1.3 billion senior credit facility and the redemption of $700 million private placement bonds.
- CIBC in connection with its Cdn $100 million loan to Next Era Energy Canada ULC.
- Bank of America, NA in connection with its financing of J.S. Redpath, Niagara Piston, CCL Industries, Lassonde Industries, CSL Group and Mother Parkers.
- Andrew Peller Limited in connection with the refinancing of its $165 million revolver and term loan facility.
- CARA Operations Limited in connection with its purchase of Prime Restaurants, the restatement of its $295 million senior credit facilities, the issuance of $25 million Subordinated Debentures and the redemption of its Cdn $200 million high yield note offering.
- Livingston International Inc. in connection with the refinancing of its senior credit facilities.
- Sterling Partners in connection with a C$155 million senior secured credit agreement, a US$35 million mezzanine facility and a US$30,000,000 PIK Holdco facility to finance its purchase of MOSAID Technologies.
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board in connection with the financing of its purchase of Imperial Parking Corporation.
- JP Morgan Chase Bank, N.A. in connection with the restructuring of credit facilities of Mark IV LLC by the issuance of €200 million 8.875% Senior Secured Notes.
- Eastman Kodak Company and Kodak Canada Inc. In connection with an amended and restated credit facility providing for revolving loans and letters of credit for up to $400 million.
- The Toronto-Dominion Bank in connection with the financing of AGF Management Limited’s purchase of Acuity.