Larry conducts a broad corporate, commercial and complex litigation practice including class actions, corporate governance, contested mergers and acquisitions, securities litigation, environmental liability, employment matters and franchising disputes. From 2005 to 2010 he was the Chair of the Osler National Litigation Department. He has been counsel in a wide range of disputes at all levels of Courts in Ontario and before the Ontario Securities Commission. Larry has also given expert testimony in the Ontario Superior Court.
- BP plc. Defending a proposed securities class action commenced in Ontario arising from the 2010 Deepwater Horizon accident and subsequent Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
- Sino-Forest Corporation. Counsel to the Independent Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Suncor Energy Inc. Counsel to the Company in a successful summary judgment motion to dismiss an intended class proceeding brought by Sunoco dealers claiming $200 million.
- KPMG LLP. Counsel to KPMG in a proposed class proceeding brought on behalf of the shareholders of Redline Communications
- Magna International Inc. Representing Magna in regulatory and shareholder challenges to its dual class share recapitalization.
- Vale. Defending the company in a complex class action trial and successful appeal. The class members are residential property owners in an Ontario city, who seek compensation for alleged property damage. Litigated pre-certification motions, certification and appeals.
- American International Group, Inc. (AIG) and AIG Financial Products Corp.A proposed class proceeding brought on behalf of AIG shareholders under Part XXIII.1 of the Securities Act alleging misrepresentations in the financial statements and other public disclosures of AIG.
- Beaverbrook Art Gallery. Counsel to the Gallery in a successful arbitration and appeal relating to trust law and ownership of art works valued in excess of $100 million.
- Lawrence v. Atlas Cold Storage Holdings Inc. et al. Counsel to Atlas in a proposed class proceeding relating to alleged misrepresentations contained in the financial statements of Atlas Cold Storage Income Trust.
- Re Inco Limited. Counsel to Inco in OSC shareholder rights plan application.
- Re Falconbridge Limited. Counsel to Inco in OSC shareholder rights plan application.