Kolin Holladay joined Adams and Reese in 2001 and is a Partner and the Team Leader of the Corporate/Securities/Mergers and Acquisitions team. Kolin focuses his practice on a wide range of legal matters including reporting and filing obligations under federal and state securities law, public and private offerings of securities, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and contract negotiation and interpretation.
In addition, Kolin counsels start-up, developmental stage and emerging companies on various matters related to venture capital and other financings. He has extensive experience advising entities on transactions with affiliates and shareholders.
His other significant contributions include:
- Working on an Initial Public Offering (IPO) of a pharmaceutical company listed on NASDAQ.
- Assisting numerous small and medium-sized businesses in merger/acquisition/venture capital transactions.
- Founding a business, acquiring additional locations and completing a successful sale of that business, which gives him an authentic insider’s perspective on business transactions.
- Being named to the Nashville Business Journal’s “Best of the Bar” publication for corporate and securities attorneys in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Leading recruitment for the Nashville office as a member of the Nashville Office Recruiting Committee.
- Working as Corporate and Securities Counsel at Tractor Supply Company.
- Named to the 2011 Nashville Business Journal's "Forty Under 40".
- Named to Mid South Super Lawyers® Rising Stars 2009-2012 in Business/Corporate Law.
- Selected to Best Lawyers® 2013-2014 - Corporate Law.
- Awarded the 2012 Nashville Emerging Leader Award in the Legal Services Industry by the Nashville Chamber of Commerce.
- AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Kolin earned his Juris Doctorate and his Master of Business Administration degree simultaneously from the University of Tennessee. He was President of the Tennessee Sports and Entertainment Law Society and a staff member of Transactions: Tennessee Business Law Journal. Kolin received his Bachelor of Arts degree magna cum laude from Lipscomb University where he served as Head Assistant Baseball Coach and Assistant Athletic Director following his graduation. Kolin is also a member of the Young Leaders Council and the Nashville, Tennessee and American Bar Associations.
Kolin currently serves on the Board of Directors of BCB, Inc., the parent company of the BlueCoast Burrito restaurant chain. In addition, Kolin serves on the Board of Directors of the Nashville Sports Council and has previously served as Chairman of the Corporate Membership Committee and as a member of the Executive Committee of the Nashville Sports Council. He serves as Vice Chairman of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes Board of Directors and served as Chairman of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes Middle Tennessee Fundraising Banquet in 2011 and 2012. Kolin volunteers as a character coach at Hunters Lane High School. He is a member of the Lipscomb University National Alumni Advisory Council, a member of the Lipscomb University College of Business Alumni Board and serves on the Executive Committee of the Lipscomb University Baseball Program. Kolin is a member of the Downtown Nashville Rotary Club. He is a former member of the Board of Directors of the Wayne Reed Christian Childcare Center, the Maryland Farms YMCA, and the Front Porch Ministry.
Kolin spends his free time with his wife and four children, coaching youth sports, running and being active in his church.