Kimberly Leach Johnson presides over the executive committee and is firm chair of Quarles & Brady. As an attorney, she practices in the area of trusts & estates. She has extensive experience representing numerous families in the planning of their estate and handling their affairs after their demise. Kimberly holds various positions within the Firm, including Chair of the Finance Committee and as an elected member of the Firm’s Executive Committee. Mrs. Johnson’s recent experience includes:
- Post-Mortem tax mitigation techniques.
- Advise individual fiduciaries as to their duties and powers and interpretation of trust documents.
- Advise corporate fiduciaries regarding the administration of trust, discretionary payments and tax reporting.
- IRS audits regarding valuation discounts on both the Federal Estate Tax Return and Gift Tax Returns.
- Lifetime gifts, including gifts in trust.
- Preparation of complicated estate tax returns.
- Document preparation including wills, trust documents (both revocable and irrevocable), health care surrogates, living wills, durable power of attorney, prenuptial, postnuptial, family limited partnership agreements, limited liability company agreements and other estate planning documents.
- Assisting clients with beneficiary designation forms for IRAs.