Keith Bruett practices in the area of commercial litigation. His practice focuses on professional liability and complex insurance litigation. He has litigated insurance and professional liability cases throughout the country. Recent experience includes:
- Part of the team representing the insured in Plastics Engineering Co. v. Liberty Mutual Insurance Co., 2009 WI 13, in which the Wisconsin Supreme Court adopted “all sums” allocation.
- A defense jury verdict in a $15 million actuarial malpractice lawsuit.
- A defense jury verdict in a $25 million insurance broker malpractice lawsuit.
- A defense arbitration decision in a $10 million dollar insurance broker malpractice case.
- Ongoing representation of manufacturers in insurance coverage lawsuits for asbestos-related injury claims.
- Part of the team representing Johnson Controls in Johnson Controls, Inc. v. Employers Insurance of Wausau, 2003 WI 108, in which the Wisconsin Supreme Court overruled its 1994 City of Edgerton v. General Casualty environmental insurance coverage decision.