Justine brings together her extensive legal skills and strong industry knowledge to provide practical and commercial advice on a broad range of employment related matters, in particular, employment and post-employment obligations and disputes, executive employment arrangements and discrimination and harassment claims and investigations. She has experience in advising major companies in a range of industries including financial services, media, gaming, retail, manufacturing and distribution, resources, recruitment, property and ports and logistics.
Justine also has experience in working as an in-house legal adviser with a large Australian listed entity which gives her a deep understanding of clients’ commercial and operational needs.
Justine was included in the Best Lawyers Employee Benefits list for 2012 and 2013 and the Employment list for 2013. She is a contributing author of the 2014 LexisNexis publications on Paid Parental Leave and Bullying.
Justine has assisted:
- An international fund manager in its employment and remuneration arrangements with senior executives in Australia and the UK
- The Star casino in sensitive human resources matters and investigations
- The Australian Securities Exchange, the Australian Rugby Union and other companies in the appointment of their Chief Executive Officer
- A number of investments banks in human resources matters and related training in retention, performance management and workplace behavior
- Two international accounting firms in sensitive human resources matters and investigations
- Two international fashion retailers in establishing their Australian workforce
- An international food manufacturer in business restructures and sensitive transfers and terminations
Justine has represented:
- A major Australian media organisation in a discrimination claim brought by a former newspaper editor
- A major Australian supermarket distribution business in restraint proceedings against a senior executive
- A leading Australian stevedore in sexual harassment proceedings brought by a stevedore
Justine has a particular passion for key people management and retention as a driver for business success. She has a reputation for involving herself in her clients’ businesses and so by understanding commercial drivers is able to offer practical workplace solutions.