Judy Yuriko Lee concentrates her practice in estate planning, probate, guardianship and trust administration. She has represented clients in establishing wills and trusts, implementing sophisticated estate planning techniques, administering and terminating trust estates and resolving controversies concerning estate administration issues. She has been awarded an AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, has been elected to the prestigious American College of Trust and Estate Counsel and has been recognized with a listing in The Best Lawyers in America since the 2006 edition. Examples of her work include:
- Trust Administration: Represented individual and corporate trustees in administering and terminating trust estates.
- Estate Litigation: Represented beneficiaries in will contest proceeding and negotiated settlement and resolution of issues in contested trust matters.
- Estate Planning: Prepared numerous wills, revocable and irrevocable trusts, powers of attorney, gifting and transfer instruments.
- Probate: Represented individual and corporate personal representatives of both local decedents and non-resident alien decedents.
- Conservatorship/Guardianship: Represented clients to establish and administer conservatorships and guardianships of minors and incapacitated adults.
- Partnership and Corporate Planning: Established partnerships, limited liability companies and corporations and prepared documents on the administration of such entities.
Ms. Lee is an active participant of the estate planning community. She is the past Chair of the Probate and Estate Planning Section of the Hawaii State Bar, is a frequent speaker for the continuing legal education programs and other professional and community associations, served as an adjunct professor at the University of Hawaii School of Law, served as a director of the Hawaii Estate Planning Council, and has published several articles on trusts and estates topics. Born and raised in Hawaii, she enjoys family and church activities during her leisure time.