Judy Keyes is a labor and employment lawyer who partners with employer-clients to navigate the complex system of laws and regulations that govern the California workplace. She is recognized for her "out-of-the-box" thinking and ability to solve complex human resources and labor relations problems in effective and efficient ways. She counsels clients on how to avoid and respond to discrimination, harassment and retaliation claims; comply with wage and hour laws (e.g., exempt vs. nonexempt, independent contractors, rest and meal periods); grant and limit periods of time off (e.g. leaves of absence, disability accommodation, vacation and sick leave, "kin care"); and reduce and reorganize staff to meet business goals.
Judy represents employers in all forms of dispute resolution — from single-plaintiff and class action litigation in federal and state courts, to mediation and arbitration, to proceedings before federal and state agencies. She also represents employers in union-related matters, including NLRB proceedings, grievance handling, and contract negotiations.
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1975
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1977
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1993
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit,1996