Joseph Z. Fleming is an experienced litigator and labor and employment lawyer who represents a diverse group of clients, including governmental entities, national and international airlines, utilities companies, land developers, and mining interests in issues of labor and employment matters, workplace safety, hazardous-waste regulatory and insurance matters, environmental and land use, and complex international litigation. In addition, he also works in the entertainment, arts and sports law areas.
Joe has wide-ranging litigation experience in ADA litigation (ADA, Title II and III litigation). His labor and employment practice involves representation of management in matters involving:
- Opposition to union organizational efforts;
- Collective bargaining negotiations;
- Representation in arbitration proceedings and in enforcement of collective bargaining agreements;
- Affirmative action and equal opportunity compliance and related administrative and judicial proceedings;
- Defending management decisions in labor and employment discrimination cases (in civil rights discrimination, age, disability, wage and hour, occupational safety and hazard, workplace environment, defamation, and other labor and employment related claims); and
- Related complex litigation (including the Railway Labor Act, National Labor Relations Act, ERISA and RICO-related litigation).