Joe Clark helps clients find practical legal solutions that achieve their business objectives.
He assists corporations, limited liability companies and other business associations by:
- helping them raise equity capital in compliance with federal and state securities laws - through private placements, exempt offerings and registered public offerings of securities
- drafting and reviewing corporate and commercial contracts
- advising on organizational and internal governance
- assisting with purchases and sales of business assets, interests in business entities, and goods and services
He provides legal counsel to professionals, owners of closely held businesses, farmers and landowners, and other families and individuals in developing practical strategies for transferring assets between generations using wills, trusts and family entities, and minimizing estate and gift taxes. He assists families in probating wills, administering estates and trusts, and complying with probate court and tax requirements.
- Mr. Clark recently assisted a private bank-holding company in a private sale of its stock.
- He assisted with the organization of a real estate investment fund that employed a private equity offering for its initial capitalization.
- Mr. Clark handled a joint-venture transaction where his client invested in a software company, and the software company is developing software for use by the client and for licensing to others.
- He assisted a closely held business with the sale of assets of a line of business to a strategic buyer.
A LEADER IN HIS FIELD
- Mr. Clark serves as the Columbia, SC representative on Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd’s three-member Management Committee.
- Recipient of the Leadership in Law Award from South Carolina Lawyers Weekly.
BEFORE HAYNSWORTH SINKLER BOYD
Mr. Clark worked for First Union National Bank (1989-1992) and First National Bank of South Carolina and South Carolina National Bank (1983-1989).
Co-author, South Carolina Limited Liability Companies and Limited Liability Partnerships (4th ed. 2012)
Co-author, South Carolina Corporate Practice Manual (2nd ed. 2005)