· Joe has extensive class certification evidentiary hearing experience and trial experience in both federal and state courts, as well as before arbitrators.
· Insurers, corporations and other business entities have called on Joe to represent them in connection with several dozen class actions in numerous states. In most of those cases, he accomplished dismissals or denials of class certification.
· Joe has successfully resolved other class action cases through mediation and state and national class action settlements.
· Joe successfully resolved environmental class litigation asserted against a client automotive parts manufacturer through a mediated class settlement.
· Joe has successfully represented corporations and insurers in antitrust challenges and other alleged statutory violations or business torts. For instance, he has represented manufacturers and insurers in cases involving claims of breach of contract, price discrimination, antitrust, RICO, or other asserted statutory violations.
· Joe has represented employers and insurers in connection with administrative investigations of discrimination complaints.
· Employers and former employees have turned to Joe to represent them in claims involving trade secrets or non-compete provisions.
· Joe has successfully argued appeals before the Illinois Appellate Courts and the United States Courts of Appeal for the Fifth, Sixth, Seventh and Eighth Circuits.