John is the Chair of the firm's Real Estate, Land Use and Construction Law Practice Group and a member of the Business Law Group. He counsels his clients in all areas of real estate development, construction law, and commercial and construction financing: including, property acquisitions and dispositions; commercial, industrial, retail and office leasing; zoning; and land use law; and creditors' rights. John provides both preventive and remedial legal counsel to financial institutions, real estate developers, REITS, architects, engineers, hotel owners, construction companies, design builders, commercial lessors and tenants, and title insurance companies. He also has significant experience in environmental matters and brownfields redevelopment.
John Assists Clients With
- Construction and Commercial Financing
- Commercial Leasing
- Condominium Development and Association Management Issues
- Planning, Zoning and Land Use Law
- Environmental Law and Brownfields Redevelopment
- Creditors’ Rights
- Speaker, O'Neil, Cannon, Hollman, DeJong & Laing, 2011 Hot Topics for In-House Counsel seminar, "Working with In-House Counsel: The Unauthorized Practice of Law in Wisconsin."
- John has lectured to professional groups on commercial loan workouts, lender liability claims, and brownfields developments.