John A. Burton, Jr.
John Burton is a member of the firm’s Private Wealth Planning practice area. He serves individuals with personal estate planning needs, individuals acting as trustees or personal representatives, and corporate trustees. He works extensively with families to develop multi-generational wealth transfer plans.
John has been named a Fellow by the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel and one of the Best Lawyers in America.
Active in a range of community activities, John currently serves on the Church Council of Mount Olivet Lutheran Church and is a member of the Minnesota Valley Country Club.
· State of Illinois, 1973
· State of Minnesota, 1977
· M.B.A., University of Iowa, 1976
· J.D., with distinction, University of Iowa, 1972
· B.B.A., University of Iowa, 1969
Professional Activities and Memberships
· American Bar Association
· Minnesota State Bar Association (Probate and Trust Law Section)
· Hennepin County Bar Association (Probate Committee)