Jo Ann Carmichael, Q.C. is a Partner at Alexander Holburn Beaudin + Lang LLP. Ms. Carmichael’s practice is primarily litigation-based. She is a member of the firm’s Insurance Law and Family Law Practices. Ms. Carmichael commonly represents insurers with respect to life, accident and disability insurance matters and has a particular interest in fraud and bad faith claims. She also represents clients in family law matters, dealing with many clients in transition due to death, divorce, second marriages and preserving wealth through marriage agreements and estate planning.
Professional and Community Service:
- Bencher, Law Society of British Columbia (1998 - 2002)
- Member, Discipline Committee (1998 - 2009)
- Chair, Paralegals Task Force (2001 - 2002)
- Member, Federal Judicial Appointments Advisory Committee (2002-2006)
- Member, Medical Legal Society of BC