Jerry Beane’s practice focuses on antitrust and commercial litigation. He has more than 40 years of experience defending federal and state antitrust cases and governmental investigations in banking, construction, energy, explosives, food, health care, home furnishings, insurance, logistics and transportation industries. He also defends patent, trademark, securities, contract and breach of fiduciary duty cases. Jerry’s antitrust representation includes work with mergers in the energy, food, health care, transportation, manufacturing and telecommunications industries. He counsels clients on distribution, HSR, joint venture, pricing, price-determination, trade association and compliance program issues.
Jerry also represents liability insurers in coverage, bad faith, Insurance Code violations, claims handling and failure to settle lawsuits, and defends claims including environmental and other coverage issues under CGL policies, reinsurance agreement disputes, specialty coverage issues such as catastrophe injury policy and sporting and entertainment event coverage.
Jerry practices in many jurisdictions and has defended cases in Texas, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Tennessee and Wyoming.
- MDL403, In Re: New Mexico Natural Gas Antitrust Litigation - United States District Court for the District of New Mexico - Trial of horizontal and vertical price fixing claims in class action with more than 300,000 class members
- Tucker v. Interstate Brands Corporation - District Court, Johnson County, Texas - Trial of horizontal price fixing claims in class action with more than 52,000 class members
- MDL 1093. In Re: Commercial Explosives Antitrust Litigation - United States District Court for District of Utah, Central Division - Defense of horizontal price fixing claims in explosives industry
- MDL 1000, In Re: Southeastern Milk Antitrust Litigation - United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee - Defense of price fixing claims in class action
- Apani v. Coca-Cola Enterprises - United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas, Lubbock Division and appeal 300 F. 3d 620 (5th Circuit 2002)
- Harmar Bottling Co. v. Coca-Cola Co., 218 S.W.3d 671 (Tex. 2006) - Trial of antitrust claims in soft drink industry
- US Supreme Court
- US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit