Jeremy is Co-Chair of Osler’s Mining Group. His practice focuses on corporate and securities law, with a particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance. Jeremy has acted for public and private companies, private equity firms and investment bankers on a range of acquisitions, securities offerings and other corporate transactions. He was a senior policy advisor to the “Wise Persons’ Committee”, which was appointed to recommend the best securities regulatory system for Canada. Jeremy has taught at the University of Toronto Faculty of Law on contested mergers and proxy contests and has spoken and written about a range of legal issues. After graduating from law school he served as a law clerk to Chief Justice Antonio Lamer at the Supreme Court of Canada.
- Counsel to underwriting syndicate led by RBC Capital Markets, Barclays Capital Canada Inc., Merrill Lynch Canada Inc. and BMO Capital Markets for Oryx Petroleum Corporation Limited's $250 million initial public offering.
- The special committee of the board of directors of Inmet Mining Corporation in response to the unsolicited offer by First Quantum Minerals Ltd.
- Goldman Sachs and RBC Capital Markets in connection with their role as financial advisors to Nexen Inc. on its sale to CNOOC Ltd.
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in connection with its joint acquisition of Q9 Networks with Bell Canada, Providence Equity Partners and Madison Dearborn Partners.
- TELUS Corporation in connection with its proposals in 2012 to move from a dual class share structure to a single class of outstanding common shares, and related proxy fights with Mason Capital Management LLC.
- London Stock Exchange Group plc on its proposed merger with TMX Group Inc.
- Magna International Inc. on its dual class share capital reorganization.
- The board of directors of Addax Petroleum Corporation in connection with the sale of Addax to Sinopec International Petroleum Exploration and Production Corporation
- Lundin Mining Corporation on its private placement to and proposed business combination with HudBay Minerals Inc.
- Kinross Gold Corporation on its acquisition of Aurelian Resources Inc.
- Royal Bank of Canada on its acquisition of Phillips, Hager & North Investment Management Ltd.
- Magna International Inc. on the investment by OJSC Russian Machines
- IPSCO Inc. on its sale to SSAB Svenskt Stål AB
- Novelis Inc. on its sale to Hindalco Industries Limited
- Canwest Global Communications Corp. on the acquisition and reorganization of Alliance Atlantis Communications Inc.