Jeremy Lite leads the Firm’s Environmental and Water Law practice in Tucson, Arizona. His varied practice emphasizes litigation of disputes involving claims of environmental contamination and asbestos exposure, as well as real property title and business disputes. As a member of the Firm’s Clean Energy, Climate Change and Sustainability Group and Tribal Law Team, his experience also involves renewable energy facility permitting and development; environmental and tribal housing matters in Indian Country; representing airport fueling consortiums in environmental issues; Arizona groundwater rights and water supply; environmental clean-up; and compliance and permitting for manufacturers. Mr. Lite also works with major banks and other lenders to perform required environmental due diligence and to protect water rights in foreclosure situations.
Mr. Lite is admitted to practice in the State of Arizona, the Tohono O'odham Nation, the Pascua Yaqui Tribe, as well as several federal courts. Among other cases, his recent experience includes:
- Defense of manufacturers in asbestos and environment-related lawsuits in State and Federal courts.
- Assisting in the representation of clients involved in title disputes and conflicting claims to the ownership of real property in Arizona.
- Representation of Tribal government in defense of breach of contract claims in Tribal court.
- Representation of PRPs in CERCLA and WQARF sites and related litigation, including negotiation and implementation of Consent Decrees.
- Advising clients on site clean-up obligations and overseeing clean-up operations.
- Advising clients involved in infrastructure development and renewable energy projects on complying with NEPA and other governmental approval requirements.
- Providing guidance to manufacturers in getting and complying with environmental permits.
- Advising tribal housing authorities on complying with environmental requirements under HUD and NEPA in connection with rehabilitation, restoration, and construction.
- Developing tribal environmental codes regulating solid waste, pesticide use, and other environmental topics.
- Advising major banks and lenders about complying with environmental due diligence in foreclosure situations and taking appropriate precautions when acquiring potentially contaminated property.
- Working with banks and borrowers to ensure the proper maintenance and conveyance of water rights in Arizona.
- Representing airline jet fuel consortiums in connection with environmental issues and remediation projects at major airports, including managing compliance with consent decrees and cleanup orders.
- Assisting clients in complying with Arizona’s assured water supply and well drilling regulations, managing groundwater rights, and preparing filings required by the Arizona Department of Water Resources.