Jennifer Powers practices in the areas of public finance and commercial finance and has been recognized as The Best Lawyers’ 2013 Milwaukee Public Finance Law “Lawyer of the Year”. Jennifer has extensive experience in many aspects of public and commercial finance transactions with a focus on qualified 501(c)(3) private activity bonds, including the following:
- Serving as bond counsel and issuer’s counsel for the Wisconsin Health and Educational Facilities Authority in tax-exempt bond financings for 501(c)(3) organizations.
- Serving as general counsel to the Wisconsin Health and Educational Facilities Authority.
- Representing borrowers in taxable and tax-exempt financings.
- Representing lenders in taxable and tax-exempt financings.
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1987
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 1987