Jeff Oleynik's practice is split between commercial litigation and commercial bankruptcy. In his commercial litigation practice, Jeff handles a wide range of matters, having represented parties in litigation concerning shareholder rights, corporate acquisitions, trade secrets, employment covenants, and franchise and distribution agreements. Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business recommends Jeff as "one of the top business trial lawyers in the state." He also has significant experience representing automobile dealers in matters before administrative agencies, as well as state and federal courts, involving disputes of manufacturers.
In his bankruptcy practice, Jeff has represented lenders, trade creditors, committees, and debtors in Chapter 11 proceedings.
He often speaks at CLE seminars on commercial litigation and commercial bankruptcy topics.
Honors & Awards
Professional & Community Activities
- Recognized as one of The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White) in Antitrust Law and Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law; Greensboro "Lawyer of the Year" in Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2016)
- Recognized as a member of North Carolina's "Legal Elite" in Bankruptcy Law, 2004-2015 and Antitrust Law, 2005-2015 by Business North Carolina magazine
- Recognized as a leading attorney by Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Antitrust and Litigation: General Commercial, 2005-2016; Bankruptcy/Restructuring, 2016
- Selected by his peers as a North Carolina "Super Lawyer" in Antitrust Litigation, 2007-2012, Bankruptcy Law, 2006-2015, and as one North Carolina's "Top 100" lawyers in 2009, Law & Politics magazine
- Adjunct Instructor, University of North Carolina School of Law, 1990-91
- Chair (2001-02) and Member (1996-99), Bankruptcy Section Council, North Carolina Bar Association
- Chair (2004-05) and Member (1997-), Antitrust and Trade Regulation Council, North Carolina Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Board Member, Greensboro United Arts Council
- Board Member, Greensboro Children's Museum
- Board Member, Bel Canto Choral Society, Greensboro, NC
- Board Member, Piedmont Environment Center, High Point, NC
- Board Member, Carolina Theatre, Greensboro, NC