A partner in Paul, Weiss's Bankruptcy and Corporate Reorganization Department, Jeff Saferstein practices exclusively in the areas of corporate restructurings and workouts, bankruptcy and specialized financings.
Jeff has been involved in major domestic and international restructurings and bankruptcies, including:
- Caesars Entertainment Corporation in connection with the chapter 11 cases of its subsidiary Caesars Entertainment Operating Company, Inc. ("CEOC") and certain of CEOC's wholly owned subsidiaries;
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company and its affiliates in their prepackaged chapter 11 cases involving the restructuring of over $3 billion in debt;
- School Specialty, Inc. and its affiliates in all aspects of their chapter 11 cases;
- a wide range of matters for several fund clients in the Lehman Brothers chapter 11 case;
- Verso Corporation, a large US-based paper manufacturer, and its affiliates as special counsel in connection with financing matters in their chapter 11 cases;
- Buffets, Inc. and its affiliates in their chapter 11 cases;
- AbitibiBowater in the company's complex U.S. and Canadian cross-border bankruptcy cases involving the restructuring of more than $8 billion of prepetition indebtedness and raising $1.5 billion of exit financing;
- Samsonite Corporation in its worldwide out-of-court restructuring. In connection with the representation, we also represented Samsonite Company Stores in its successful prepackaged chapter 11 case;
- Alpha Media Group, publisher of Maxim Magazine, in connection with its out-of-court restructuring;
- Thomas Nelson, Inc. in its out-of-court restructuring.