Jean advises public and private companies on M&A, financing and corporate/governance matters. Her M&A experience includes public take-over bids, asset acquisitions and divestures, privatizations and corporate restructurings. Jean’s experience also includes advisory assignments providing governance advice to the boards of directors and board committees of public companies. Her financing experience includes domestic and cross-border public and private offerings of debt and equity, initial public offerings and infrastructure financings. Jean has written and lectured on both securities and corporate law matters in various forums and is a member of the Senior Securities Advisory Group to the Chairman of the Ontario Securities Commission and a past member of the Ontario Securities Commission Policy Advisory Committee. Jean is also a former managing partner of the firm.
- Special counsel to the Board of Nortel with its creditor protection proceedings.
- Magna Entertainment Corp. in its creditor protection proceedings.
- Independent committee of the Board of Four Seasons Hotels in its going private transaction.
- Magna International Inc. on the investment by Russian Machines.
- Magna International Inc. on its going-private transactions of its three public company subsidiaries.
- Cara Operations Limited in its going-private transaction.
- Chemtrade Income Trust in several acquisitions and the related financings by way of public offerings of equity and convertible debt.
- The underwriters for Four Seasons Hotels in a number of cross-border offerings of debt and convertible debt.
- Revenue bond financings from capital markets platforms established by the PEI Confederation Bridge, Teranet Land Information Services Inc. and Blue Water Bridge Authority.
- The Government of Canada in connection with the privatization of Canadian National Railways.