Since 1990, Jean-Louis has focused his professional gaze on sports law at both European and international level. Known in his early days as the “Bosman case lawyer”, further down the line he would become the lawyer of G-14, the group comprising Europe’s main football clubs, handling the Charleroi case, which ended in agreement between FIFA and UEFA. Jean-Louis also represented David Meca in a case that culminated on 17 July 2006 with a landmark judgment from the European Court of Justice. He has advised and represented numerous sportsmen and women, clubs, agents, national and international federations, sponsors, right holders, leagues, syndicates and public bodies in all niches of sports law.
Spanish, French, English, Italian and Portuguese.
- Barcelona Bar Association.
- Law Degree, Université de Liège, 1988.
- Master in European Law, Université libre de Bruxelles, 1989.
- Introduction to American Law, Columbia University.
- Recommended by Best Lawyers International, since 2015 edition, in the area of Sport.