A partner at Duffy & Sweeney, Jean Harrington is an integral member of the corporate team with special expertise in mergers and acquisitions, representing sophisticated private investment funds, multi-national corporations and other market participants in their most challenging transactional matters. She advises clients on business issues involving health care, real estate and construction transactions and has a personal passion for alternative energy. She is known for engineering creative resolutions which unite divergent parties and bring complex deals to fruition.
- Represented a software development and services provider for commercial and industrial environments in the 2014 sale of substantially all of its assets in a transaction that included sophisticated tax planning and carryover investment in the new entity by management.
- Represented a real estate project development and management company in its acquisition of a Newport-based yachting and entertainment venue in 2014. The eight-figure transaction involved a private placement of equity under Rule 506 of Regulation D of the securities laws as well as traditional bank financing.
- Represented a Netherlands-based wind turbine manufacturer in establishing US operations and the development of wind turbine installations throughout the United States.
- Represented a real estate developer in the acquisition and financing of a large scale commercial residential mill project and related equity, bank and tax credit financing.
- Represented a private equity fund in the formation of two multi-million dollar REOC investment funds and negotiated the investment therein by several large pension funds.
- Represented a Rhode Island manufacturing company in the sale of substantially all of its assets to an international publically traded strategic buyer for in excess of $60 million.
- Represented several manufacturing companies in multi-million dollar transactions involving the sale of their businesses with a roll-over investment component to large private equity firms.