Javier Prieto, partner of the Tax Department at
Araoz & Rueda since 2011, joined the firm after three years as a
partner at the Tax Department at Ramón y Cajal (2008-2011).
Prior to joining Ramón y Cajal he worked as an
associate in the Tax Department at KPMG Abogados (1999-2002) and then
as an associate in the Tax Department at Uría Menéndez (2002-2008).
Javier is specialized in:
- Tax advice arising from national and
international M&A transactions (investment/divestment structures
and private equity funds). Design of tax efficient acquisitions and
financing structures. Management of tax due diligence procedures.
- Inspections and tax litigation.
- Tax planning for investors and groups of companies.
- Accounting and tax analysis of finance products.
- Tax advice to companies in capital markets transactions.
- International taxation: advice to major companies and private equity funds in out-bound and in-bound investments.
- Advice to companies and individuals in direct and indirect taxation in connection with real estate transactions.