Jane Dietrich is a partner in the firm’s Restructuring and Insolvency Group. The focus of her practice is on international and domestic commercial restructurings, insolvency and related litigation. She has particular expertise in formal and informal corporate reorganizations, enforcement of security and unsecured creditor remedies.
Prior to joining the firm, Jane had practiced for approximately 10 years at another leading Canadian law firm where she was a partner. A frequent writer and presenter on insolvency-related matters, Jane has participated as a speaker at several conferences hosted by the Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals, the Ontario Bar Association, the Law Society of Upper Canada and the Risk Management Association. Jane also teaches bankruptcy law at the University of Toronto, where she is an Adjunct Professor.
Jane is a Fellow and lifetime member of INSOL International – the International Association of Restructuring, Insolvency & Bankruptcy Professionals.
Some of Jane’s notable experience includes acting as:
- Counsel to Grant Forest Products Inc. and related companies in connection with their CCAA proceedings
- Counsel to LightSquared LP and related companies in connection with the recognition of their proceedings under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code in Canada
- Canadian Counsel for the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Nortel Networks Inc. and certain of its direct and indirect subsidiaries in cross-border CCAA/Chapter 11 proceedings
- Counsel to a group of bondholders in connection with the CCAA proceedings of AbitibiBowater and related Chapter 11 proceedings under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code
- Counsel to AVEOS Fleet Performance Inc. in connection with its CCAA proceedings
- Counsel to the Ad Hoc Group of First Lien Lenders of Catalyst Paper Corporation and certain of its subsidiaries in their CCAA/ Chapter 15 proceedings
- Counsel to Tenor Capital Management as DIP lender to Crystallex International Corporation in its CCAA / Chapter 15
- Counsel to Trident Exploration Corp. and Trident Resources Corp. in connection with their cross-border CCAA/Chapter 11 restructuring proceedings
- Counsel to Alvarez & Marsal Inc. in its capacity as receiver in connection with Red Leaves Resort
- Counsel to Burlington Technologies Inc., a Tier 1 automotive supplier, in its proceedings under the CCAA
- Counsel to Bombay Furniture Company in connection with their cross-border CCAA and Chapter 11 cases, which resulted in the sale of the Bombay Canada business as a going concern
To view Jane's complete profile, please click here.